How to upgrade from SurfControl E-mail Filter to Websense Email Security
Email Security, SurfControl Email Filter
This article contains instructions for upgrading from SurfControl E-mail Filter to Websense Email Security by importing SurfControl configuration settings like dictionaries, rules, and custom queues into Websense Email Security.
This article includes 2 videos that contain detailed instructions for upgrading SurfControl E-mail Filter software by exporting existing SurfControl configuration settings and importing them into Websense Email Security.
Click here to download and view the first steps in the upgrade process, including:
- Pre-upgrade considerations
- SurfControl E-mail Filter configuration back-up and export
- Uninstall of SurfControl E-mail Filter
Click here to download and view the second half of the upgrade process, including:
- Installation of Websense Email Security
- SurfControl E-mail Filter configuration import
- Threatseeker component upgrades
Notes & Warnings
Additional Problems and Search Terms:
Upgrade to latest version of Websense Email Security, SEF upgrade to WES