ACE is why no one stops more threats than Websense.
Websense® ACE delivers real-time security ratings to all products built on the Websense TRITON® architecture. Its eight assessment areas and a unique composite scoring process enable TRITON APX solutions to protect against emerging threats, including the most advanced, targeted zero-day threats and APTs.
ACE intelligence helps our information security products provide:
- Protection against advanced threats, modern malware and data theft.
- Productivity controls that understand social media and other applications.
- Compliance through strong outbound content visibility and containment controls.
ACE is maintained by Websense Security Labs™ researchers. Its unique capabilities include:
- Predictive security engines that can "see" developing trends.
- Contextual assessments that help ensure accuracy.
- Inline operation that tackles HTTPS and social media threats.
- More than 10,000 analytics to enable deep inspections.
- Composite scoring to support effective decision making.
ACE assess threats across eight defense assessment areas. They also provide checks and balances for one another to minimize false positives and improve accurate classification. They are:
- Behavioral sandboxing. Allows suspicious code to be executed, scrutinized, and weighed for malicious activities in a secure, isolated environment.
- Real-Time Security Classification. Empowers social web controls, and inspects all web content for malicious or suspicious code such as open or obfuscated scripts, exploit code and iframe tags.
- Real-Time Content Classification. Employs advanced machine learning to quickly and accurately classify pages based on content including images, multimedia, and links.
- Real-Time Data Classification. Classifies structured and unstructured data with paring and decoding support to address outbound data theft.
- Anti-Malware Engines. Applies multiple antimalware engines to identify both general and specialized malware.
- Reputation Analysis. Considers more than twenty characteristics for detailed assessment and more accurate reputation scoring that encompasses contextual awareness.
- URL Classification. Used independently and in conjunction with other defense assessments to apply current classification information for known pages, or to help assess new pages and links.
- Anti-Spam/Spear-Phishing. Provides matchless, proactive protection against traditional and emerging threats in email.
Each of the eight ACE defense assessment areas provides unique capabilities and multiple analytics, making them highly effective and accurate in their own right. Yet employed collectively for security assessments within web, email, data, and mobile security solutions, they provide ACE with a uniquely broad perspective few other security solutions can obtain.
To learn more about the analytic capabilities of ACE, download the ACE whitepaper.